ART AND SCIENCE OF SEAFOOD COOKERY, THE
Because we live in seafood paradise, our challenge has been to put together a class that brings something new for the locals and yet basic for the beginner. It is also our quest to encourage more seafood in our menus for variety, interest, yes, also for our health.
So in our Seafood class the student will be able to
1. source a variety of species that are not only local but sustainability harvested.
2. conquer the urge to overcook seafood.
3. use such techniques as sous vide, poaching, pan-searing-oven finish, etc.
4. use breading procedure, smoking, crudo, en papillote, grilling, and deep frying for seafood.
5. describe foraging for mussels, razor clams and seaweed and how to prepare them.
6. create dishes using local Oregon wild shrimp, octopus, and smelt.
Any of our shows or class experiences can be designed just for your private party. (*) Imagine having a room of your friends watching and dining during the Dinner Show or with aprons on and hands into the dough during a private PASTA 101 semi-hands-on class. Private experiences can be arranged by speaking directly with one of our representatives. See our CUSTOM EVENTS page to learn more about the possibilities.
(*)Private groups of ten or less may join the regular scheduled classes and are expected to pay the regular price per person, gratuity optional. Groups of 11 or more constitute a private event, and our pricing for those experiences depends upon the date, number in the party, type of experience, and of course, the menu. A service fee is always applied.