EASTER is early this year and luckily so are the salmon! It’s the beginning of salmon and fresh asparagus season and you know what that means? We are celebrating both of these foods on our April menus starting with:
EASTER SUNDAY DEMONSTRATION BRUNCH
- Virgin Bloody Mary Shrimp Cocktail, Tomato Ice and Spicy Slaw
- Shirred Eggs & Gruyere; Crisped Pancetta; Rosemary Home Fried Potatoes
- Coriander Crusted Wild Salmon Medallion, Shaved Asparagus Salad with Gastrique
- Italian Cassata Cake with Cinnamon Scented Ricotta, Toasted Pistachio and Warmed Ganache Glaze
- Sparkling wine cocktail or just grape juice
- Caffe Umbria coffee
There’s still room for the whole family at 11:00 – 1:00 on Apr 4! So come to the beach and start your EASTER celebration at EVOO. Recipes and demonstrations. $59 inclusive
Showing our respect for a King!
Spring starts the season for KING SALMON, generally June through July for the Alaska Yukon River Kings and May through October for Copper River salmon often caught off the coast of Oregon . Luckily this year with Easter so early we are able to get the very first of the of the nearly 100,000 kings that will be caught this year from the Yukon River. These fish swim, without eating, nearly 2000 miles over 60 days to their spawning grounds. This means their fat stores are about 25% of their body weight and given the cold waters and long winters these fat fish make for juicy and rich eating at the table. Copper River salmon are almost as rich with Omega 3 oils, again making both varieties our favorite for eating simply seared and the belly pieces for smoking. So it is with all due respect we invite you to experience fresh troll caught salmon–the first of the season at our EVOO table.
Ode a favorite spring green thing!
When writing a menu for spring, asparagus is the first food we think of. After all the season is only about 2 months long, starting in April! To grow it is a study in dedication because it takes at least three years for the first crop. After that with love, lots of sunshine and water, asparagus plants will last two or three decades. First asparagus of the season around here from Yakama, WA followed by Canby, OR. We are delighted to mark its return at our EASTER table on April 4. When we lived in Wash DC we loved to go to a favorite Bethesda restaurant serving German cuisine, where they celebrated every Spring with a pound of asparagus per person with every entree! We got our fill! In addition they offered different varieties, including white asparagus. Join us this spring for one of the most popular foods on EVOO spring menus.
More SPRING EVOO EVENTS: all described on our website!
- April 24 EARTHDAY PLANT SALE AND LECTURE “how to get a garden started” 10:00-4:00 PM
- April 24 Chef Bob’s Birthday Wine Dinner with Michael Sebastiani, Highway 12, Sonoma Valley $110 inclusive 7:00-9:30 PM
- May 1 WINE & CHEESE TASTING $20 1-2:30 PM (limited seating)
- May1 EVOO unveils work by an artist in our family, CLARK ELSTER. He paints with pastels and will show a Northwest scene just for the occasion of SPRING UNVEILING
- May 9 MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH $59 11:00-1:30 PM
- May 22 PASTA 101 $79 10:00-1:30PM
- May 23-May 26, CULINARY FUNDAMENTALS-four days (24 hours) of intensive skill building. $149/day lunches included