While Santa’s making his list and checking it twice, you can start your own Christmas list for the foodies in your life right here at EVOO. Some fun new things you’ll find on our shelves this holiday season range from inexpensive stocking stuffers to big, must-have splurges!
- Vinturi Travel Aerator: This sleek gismo actually aoerates the wine upon pouring; small and does the job! Includes a nice carrying case.
- CorkPops’ beach-themed wine bottle foil cutters: great for your beach house.
- Messermeister’s Mini-Santoku knife with sheath: This Japanese-style blade is great for chopping, mincing or dicing and can be safely stowed in your picnic basket. Such quality for such a great price you might want two!
- Kyocera ceramic knives and sets, especially recommended when chopping fresh herbs and vegetables
- Finders Forum playing card sets featuring wine and cheese trivia and recipes: Fun for your next holiday party!
- Handcrafted pottery from Cyclamen Collection, including deep dish pie plates in luscious colors.
- Fusion’s Limited Edition Gourmet Salt Sampler that includes Wild Porcini, Black Truffle, Spanish Rosemary, Vintage Merlot and Espresso Brava (which they say is great in brownies!).
- Epicurean’s all-wood, dishwasher safe cutting boards. The 20”x15” board with a generous juice groove is a must for your holiday turkey and your summer watermelons!
- Skillet Bacon Spread, a natural bacon product that spreads like jam and offers a touch of bacon when you need it; keeps refrigerated and ready for when you need it on burgers, mashed potatoes, etc.
Products hand-selected personally by Bob and Lenore while touring Tuscany this fall are also available for holiday shopping.
- Frantoio olive oil, DOP, considered 2011 world’s best produced by Pruneti San Polo in Chianti, selected by Bob as his favorite even before he knew it was #1 in the world!
- Freshly harvested saffron also grown and harvested by Pruneti in Chianti. Priced really well while they last.
- Balsamic vinegars, 3 decades old from Tenuta Casanova – Castellina in Chianti – Siena – Italy
EVOO Gift Certificates
If you want to gift your favorite foodie with something from EVOO but can’t make it in person, consider ordering a gift certificate. EVOO Gift Certificates can be used towards dinners, classes or items in our culinary shop, can be purchased in any denomination you choose and they never expire! Phone orders are typically sent out within 3 business days from the date of purchase. We can send them to you or directly to the recipient. Rush orders will incur an additional $25 processing fee for shipping and handling and will be sent out via Express Mail within 24 hours (rush orders placed on the weekend will go out Monday morning). So plan ahead and give us a call today with your holiday gift certificate orders!
EVOO Tuscan Culinary Tour Wrap-up
Home again and we are still basking in the glow of the memories of our two trips; two weeks in the hills of Tuscany with 14 of our Encore guests each week. We went with the goal to immerse ourselves into the food culture of Tuscany, and meet the artisans who provide foods for their neighbors and visitors like us. To be sure, we took the path less
traveled, and thanks to our guide, Paola Roselli, we found some incredible examples of agriturismo (quality farm holidays) experiences in Italy. You might be hearing about that concept right here in Oregon, and we are more committed than ever to promote Oregon’s agri-tourism.
For more information about our trip and to see some our pictures, please go to Bob’s Daily Bread http://evoo.biz/bobs-daily-bread, and to our Tuscany Photo Galleries, http://evoo.biz/about/galleries. Of course, we wanted to get one of these tours under our belt before planning another to be absolutely certain of their value. Well, let the planning begin! Stay tuned!
Upcoming Events at EVOO for your calendars
November Dinner Show celebrating 11-11-11, a once in a lifetime date; we are serving 11 small bites, 11 matching sips, and 11 cooking tips!
Thanksgiving Dinner, November 24, 4-6:30; take two and three all weekend!
December Dinner Show Begins Friday, December 2nd
Crepes 101 Sunday, December 11th
Night before-New Year’s Eve Dinner Show Friday, December 30th
New Year’s Eve Dinner Show Saturday, December 31st
January Dinner Show Begins Saturday, January 14th
Omelets 101 Sunday, January 15th
Both the cooking school and the culinary shop will be closed for 2 weeks beginning January 1, 2012. The shop will reopen Friday, January 13th and Dinner Shows will resume Saturday, January 14th.
During our winter break in January, an EVOO representative will be available to take your reservations by phone.
With gratitude for a wonderful past year and warm wishes to you for the holidays and the year to come,
Bob & Lenore, and the EVOO family